Our next submissions window is the month of November 2023
- Only submit in the submission months – poems sent outside this time will not be kept
- Please note: We do not accept simultaneous submissions
- We do not publish the same poet/s in consecutive issues
- Two poems maximum per issue
- Each poem must be at least 75 lines long (but no book length poems)
- Poems must be unpublished – although we will take a longer sequence where a small amount has previously been published
- Put your name and poem title on each page of your document and save in your own name + title, for example ‘Joe Bloggs Happy Days.doc’ and NOT longpoem.doc or submission.doc
- Send your submissions to [email protected] in Word .doc or .docx files. We do not accept paper submissions or submissions sent in the body of an email.
We recommend that you read the magazine before submitting.
The spirit of ‘long’ is probably more important than length – by which we don’t mean it doesn’t have to be long – but it also needs substance.
The long poem is as much a space in which to flex one’s muscles, grapple with problems, identify weaknesses, as it is to mine rich seams, give sway to obsessions and vent to narrative.
– Mimi Khalvati
Ask – is your poem ambitious – does it have a ‘big’ heart?
The editors read all submissions.
One essay on aspects of the long poem is featured in each issue of the magazine.
We welcome proposals for essays.
Contact us on [email protected] to discuss.
We also publish book reviews which are exclusive to our website.
Books predominantly featuring long poems or sequences will be considered for review.
Post books to LPM, 20 Spencer Rise, London NW5 1AP.